Hi, Homeschooling Friend! My Name is Cherelle!
I’m a homeschooling mom to three children who loves getting creative in my homeschooling and sharing my ideas along the way.
But, I’m not just your average homeschooling parent here to tell you what curriculums to buy, and then send you on your way.
I’m here to help spark imagination and root you on along this homeschooling journey.
And to me, this is important.
Why I chose to homeschool
You see, when I was in public school, I always struggled.
I had the hardest time fitting into the “one-size-fits-all” classroom mold.
My peers caught onto things that I didn’t, and I was forced to move on, even when I didn’t fully grasp concepts in class.
I was (and still am) a hands-on learner.
So sitting in the classroom and hearing a teacher talk and show us things on the board, did NOT work for my learning style. I just couldn’t get focused in that learning environment.
I became distracted, and my learning experience was viewed as dry and boring, and I loathed school.
It wasn’t until I did an internship, that my view on learning changed…
In high school, I had the opportunity to do an internship with our local art museum, by teaching art classes to elementary schools.
And that’s when fell in love with teaching children in a more unique way.
This is also when I learned that there were so many ways you can teach and learn, that went beyond the boring textbooks. Say what?!?
Add in a few years and some kids later, I knew right away that I wanted to homeschool my children.
And this was coming from someone who personally knew nothing about homeschooling.
All I knew was that I wanted my children to have a rich education, but not only that, I wanted them to actually enjoy their years of learning, rather than loathe it.
And it was up to me to help them with this!
From my experience, I’ve taken what I’ve learned, plus adding in even more learning over the years, and have transferred it over into our own family by homeschooling our children.
My Homeschooling Philosophy…
- To teach a rich and living education.
- Using your hands is okay, even better, when possible.
- Develop a love for the beauty and art that God has surrounded us within our lives, and in nature.
- Have an appreciation for learning, and know that simple concepts (take math for example) are happening all around us.
- Schooling and schoolwork aren’t strictly held down to what’s put on pen and paper. We are always learning and growing!
- And finally… to create years of education that’s long-lasting and goes beyond boring learning, by thinking outside the box, and getting creative.
Disclaimer: Don’t get me wrong when I say “school shouldn’t be boring”. There’s a time and place when things really are, just boring, especially if you’re not interested in the topic. I never enjoyed math, and still to this day, don’t always enjoy it, and find it rather boring most days. But you get what I’m saying!
Using real-world experiences and examples, fun hands-on projects, and bringing learning to life in creative ways is what I aim for.
Dry, boring, textbook work is what I want to steer away from (when fully possible), and instead, provide a hands-on learning environment for my children, so they can truly grasp and enjoy their school studies.
If that’s also how you feel…
Then grab a drink and maybe some snacks, and have fun reading the posts here on Embracing Homeschool, as you gain inspiration from one creative mama, to another!
Most Recent Posts…
- A Compact, Inviting and Book-Filled (Homeschool Room Tour)This Homeschool Room Tour series is going to be featuring tours of homeschool rooms in the homes of other homeschoolers. Along with some interview questions for the homeschooling parent, this post Homeschool Room Tour series will give us a real…
- Geography Lesson Featuring Artza BoxI am always looking for simple and easy ways to create lessons for homeschool. Whether it’s listening to a history podcast or using an Artza Box as geography, “simple” has my name written all over it. The team at Artza…
- Why Kids Need Chores and Age-Appropriate Chores Ideas for KidsWhen you’re raising your children, you want to show them the right way to do things, teach them important life lessons, and make sure they can (one day) take care of themselves properly. One great way to do this is…
Random fun Facts about Cherelle
- Family- First and foremost, my first responsibility is to the God I serve. I am also a wife + mother.
- Home Life- We live on a farm. Nope, our life isn’t busy one bit. Nope, not at all!🤣
- Weakness- Donuts. I can never say NO to the donuts! Even though I’m technically supposed to eat gluten-free, I still cannot say no to the donuts!🍩
- Favorite Colors- Leopard print, floral print, and black and white stripes. Yep, I’ve officially deemed them colors and use them everywhere!
- Favorite Books- I love vintage literature and books about finances and psychology. Little Women and Dave Ramsey’s books are some of my faves. I also love learning new things or expanding my learning with books and online courses.
- Favorite Food- Mexican! All the beans, and all the rice, plus baskets full of chips, please! Don’t forget the guac and queso, and I’m one happy girl!
- Personality- Extrovert. Fun (at least I think) and lively, with a tad bit of sarcasm (okay, maybe a lot of sarcasm), and a knack for over-talking (if you haven’t noticed by now, from this about me page).
- Favorite Hobbies- Decorating. Writing. Creating something and feeling accomplished after it’s done.
Need some serious help with managing and planning your homeschool plans, records and ideas?
HAVE HOMESCHOOLING QUESTIONS?
I’m here to help you!
Send me a message by clicking right here!